Now that i’m no longer teaching pole classes, i’ve had a lot more time to think about this rapidly growing baby in my belly, as well as my long-time plan of starting a business. The dream was always about having control of my own time, allowing me to earn from a business that means something to me, without sacrificing important wife and mommy duties. I want to be one of those work-at-home superwomen, but I just never really knew where to start.
Then a good friend of mine (and a fellow Polecat!) sent me a link to a seminar that’s happening this July 27, that I really think will be the first big step to my WAHM (Work-At-Home Mom) dream. An event put together by Manila Workshops and WAHMderful Life, the WAHMeo Series: Brand and Build your Online Biz Workshop is geared towards moms who want to create and launch a successful online business, whether product-based, retail, or service-based.
But even moms who already own or running an online store (WAHMpreneurs) can still learn so much from this workshop. There will be several comprehensive talks from experienced WAHMpreneurs, and by sharing their expertise, they’ll be able to help you strengthen your business’s brand and online positioning!
According to the organizers, here are some of the things that will be tackled at the workshop:
- Why WAHMs are built to succeed online : The truths (and research) behind why moms are wired to create businesses for themselves online
- Business planning for WAHMeo’s : Business planning that marries your lifestyle to your business
- Tools of the trade : Taxes, Business registration, and the other “nitty gritties” of running an online business
- Branding and your business : Finding the sweet spot between what you’re great at and what will make people buy from you!
- How to setup your own WordPress ecommerce store : WordPress is the king of all platforms (in our opinion).
- Event Details:
- Date: July 27, 2013; 10AM to 5PM (Registration starts at 9:30 am)
Venue: Studio SnR, 3rd Floor Millenium Place, 17 Meralco Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Metro Manila
Map to Studio SnR
Regular Rate: Php 2500 per participant
Early Bird Rate (Register and Pay before July 15, 2013): Php 2200 per participant
Group Rate: Php 2200 per participant (must be in a group of three people)